This character is created by LisaEmma.
Angelique can be quite dangerous when she wants to be, and that makes her a very dangerous enemy to have.
In Crescent City, she was happy that her sister had came back from the dead, but was horrified when she saw her killed their aunt for not believing in the Harvest.
Angelique is the last living member of the Deveraux Family.
Angelique Deveraux was born to Jane-Anne to a result of teenage pregancy, and soon became a older sister to Monique. She and her sister had both grew up aware of their witch legacy. Her sister was chosen for The Harvest, a ritual that required the sacrifice of four young witches in order to strengthen their magic.
Angelique and their mother helped Monique being prepared for the ritual. On the night, the ritual was interrupted by Marcellus Gerard and his vampires. Angelique watched horrified to see her sister and the other girls having their throat slit. Marcel took the reminder witch, Davina Claire, and Monique's best friend, and left the ritual complete.
This gave the result of Marcel having power over the witches and he banned them all from using their magic. Her mother, her aunt and herself devised a plan to retrieve Davina from Marcel to complete the Harvest in order to follow through on their belief that all four girls would be brought back to life.
The Vampire DiariesEdit
In The Originals,
- Angelique is a female name, variant of Angela (Greek) and Angelica (Latin), and its means "messenger of God, angelic." It is of a French Origin, and pronounce as "ahn-zheh-LEEK".
- Deveraux is one of the many alternate spellings of the French surname Deveraux, which is of Norman origin and means "of Évreux", a town in Normandy, France.
- Shelley Hennig has played a witch in the Secret Circle series as Diana Meade.
- She is the second actress to be introduced to the Originals, the first being Phoebe Tonkin.
- Shelley Hennig and Phoebe Tonkin are friends in real life.
- Shelley Hennig also plays Malia Tate on MTV's Teen Wolf